Saturday, April 22, 2023

DAISUCK AND PROSTITUTE

Do you know of this Japanese band?.
I know they existed in 1981 as I have a record of them from that year.
What are the other records by this band.?.
When I do a google search I find a couple of sites that I cannot read and I seen to have trouble making those translation things work.
I have heard of a second lp and it appears from these japanese sites that one of them went onto doing solo stuff and that might have come out on the wonderful Captain Trip label.
Went back to Google.com to do a bit of searching..like I said earlier one japanese site mentions releases on the Captain Trip label. I went to their site www.captaintrip.co.jp and could not figure out which of their many interesting releases were connected to Daisuck and Prostitute.
Also tried www.infoseek.livedoor.net and some other letters which has a discography but I could not figure out
where band releases ended and solo stuff by ?????? started. I got this by searching for "mutant pub" on Google

Any clues??

Additional info received on the band after inquiries on the divinerites Radio Birdman/Australian Rock discussion group. Thanks to Kou for the following
The band name was Daisuck Yoshino and The Prostitute,
Daisuck Yoshino is/was a teacher

Discography in japanese is at http://you.m78.com/yoshino.html

sound samples of later work can be found at

http://indiesmusic.com/itemview.asp?id=883

and

http://indiesmusic.com/itemview.asp?id=890

Also thanks to Jacshark on the same group for this info
Jay Hinman's Agony Shorthand site (Is this the Jay Hinman of the wonderful Superdope mag?) has something on the band in there.apparently from around mid 2004. Supposedly the later records are more sedate jazz. Time to track them down and find out I guess.

Blogger talkingtown said...

I bought my first Daisuck & Prostitute LP at Mount Olympus which crumbled into Exotique Imports or Vice Versa in the late 80s. This was the golden era when Seattle's Bumbershoot hosted such trips as Ornette's Prime Time back to back with Spinal Tap.

Anyway, the Daisuck LP languished there through changes of ownership and successive sales and markdowns until I stumbled in and bought it. I have obviously been looking for their records ever since.

The interesting thing is that the only other record of theirs that I have ever come across I found in the basement of a "junker" in White Rock, BC. Pretty close to Seattle but a long way from Tokyo.

In any event, that makes for 2 different equally fab LPs for sure by the original noisesters. Who knows about anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if we get to hear of an indie soundtrack some day with a freak out by them that noone knows anything about.

Good luck - it's worth the effort.
9:39 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Daisuck and Prostitute is an amazing band! I've only heard their 81's album and since then I've been trying to find out the other album, but that isn't an easy task. There is a song played live on youtube, and indeed the great MURA track is available too...but that's about it :(

3:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home